Looking for Houston Truck Accidents Lawyers Who Understand Trucking Accidents?
If you’ve ever driven around Houston, you’ve seen a lot of big trucks. They’re everywhere, moving goods across the city and beyond.
But, did you know that sometimes, the companies that operate these trucks can put their profits ahead of safety?
At Patrick Daniel Law, we know how important it is to follow the rules when it comes to big trucks.
Unfortunately, some companies and their employees don’t always play by the rules, and that can lead to accidents where people get hurt or even lose their lives.
Our lawyers at Patrick Daniel Law are experts in trucking accidents. If you or someone you care about has been seriously hurt or worse, in a collision with a big truck, we’re here to help you get the money you deserve.
Call Patrick Daniel Law at (713) 999-6666 today for a FREE talk with one of our lawyers. We help people in Houston, all over Texas, and across the whole United States.
(Note: Please note that direct phone numbers are usually not provided in content for security and privacy reasons. Consider using a contact form or providing a website where users can get in touch.)
DO I NEED A LAWYER IN A TRUCK ACCIDENT CASE?
While you don’t have to get a Houston Truck Accidents Lawyer
right away if you want to take legal action against a trucking company, having a qualified lawyer on your side can make a big difference.
Trucking accidents are not like regular car accidents. They are more complicated, and that’s why having a good lawyer is so important.
Here are a few reasons why truck accidents can be tricky, and why having a lawyer is important:
1. Your case might involve more than one person or company, like the truck driver, their employer, or the company that made a part of the truck.
2. This means there will be more than one insurance company involved, and they might try to pay you as little as possible.
3. Truck drivers have to follow federal, state, and local laws, and different agencies will be part of the accident investigation, each following their own rules.
4. Injuries in truck accidents are often more serious than in regular car crashes, so the compensation you might need is usually higher.
Because of all these things, trucking accident cases can be complicated and hard to solve.
To make sure you get the money you need after a crash with a big truck, it’s a good idea to have a lawyer who knows a lot about these kinds of cases and understands how important it is for you to get what you deserve.
If you’ve been hurt in a crash with a big truck and want to get the right compensation, it’s a good idea to talk to a lawyer who knows about trucking accidents. They can help make sure you’re treated fairly.
WHEN SHOULD I GET A HOUSTON TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER?
The insurance person will likely get in touch with you even before you think about calling a lawyer.
They want to talk to you quickly and maybe try to make a deal before things settle down.
That’s a clue right there. So, if the insurance person for the truck company calls you early or shows up being way too nice in person, as comedian Bill Engvall would say, “there’s your sign.”
But it’s not funny. This is the time to do something, especially if you’re thinking about talking to a lawyer about the truck accident.
It’s best to call a lawyer early, but you can take some time to think about your situation. You might want to call a lawyer if:
1. There was a really bad truck accident.
2. You got seriously hurt in the accident, like with broken bones, being paralyzed, losing a body part, getting burns, going blind, or having a long-term or permanent physical problem.
3. There’s even a small chance that people might say it was your fault.
4. Other cars were involved in the crash.
5. The accident happened in a construction zone or near a school.
6. The official report about the accident is not finished or doesn’t say what happened.
A lawyer who knows about accidents with big trucks can also help figure out why the accident happened. There are lots of reasons accidents with trucks can happen, and figuring out the exact cause needs someone who knows a lot.
The better they know, the better they can find out all the reasons. Many people can guess about why accidents happen, but only a smart Houston truck accident lawyer can show real proof.
So, if you’re in a situation like this, it’s a good idea to talk to a lawyer who knows about truck accidents. They can help make sure things are fair for you.
FAQs – Houston Truck Accidents Lawyer
- Where do Truck Accidents Occur in Houston?
Harris County has four major highways where lots of big trucks, like semi-trucks and 18-wheelers, drive. These roads can get busy with trucks going to and from Houston and all over the country.
Houston has many big highways that 18-wheelers like to use. Even though an 18-wheeler crash can happen anywhere in Houston, some roads are riskier.
Here are some of the roads in Houston where 18-wheeler truck accidents are more likely:
4. I-610/610 Loop
5. U.S. Route 59
6. Beltway (Sam Houston Tollway)
7. Highway 6 (SH-6)
8. Highway 225
10. State Highway 288
- How Do I Prove Liability in a Houston Truck Accident? What if My Claim is Denied?
Truck accident cases are tricky because there could be many people to blame, and different insurance companies might be involved.
To figure out who’s at fault in a truck accident, the first thing to know is if the truck driver works for a company or is on their own.
If they work for a company, you can go after the company for not training the driver well, not taking care of the truck properly, and other things they did wrong.
Even a small problem with a truck, like bad tires or brakes, can be really dangerous, and we’ll make sure to catch the company if they don’t fix it.
When you tell your insurance company about the accident, they might try to give you some money quickly to make you stop talking about it. But don’t accept it!
All truck accidents need a good look into. Our team of truck accident lawyers talks to everyone who might have seen what happened.
We also get help from experts like people who figure out how accidents happen, brain doctors, scientists who study poison, engineers, and more. We do this to understand everything about the accident.
Our main job when looking into truck accidents is to figure out who should pay for the things you lost and had to spend money on because of the accident.
In many cases, more than one person or company is responsible, and our investigators know how to go after all of them to get you as much money as possible. This takes time, so the sooner we start, the better chance we have!
If your insurance claim was turned down, don’t worry. Get in touch with us, and we’ll try our best to help.
- How Much Does a Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Cost?
The lawyers on our team who handle Houston truck accidents operate on something called “contingency.” This means you don’t have to give us any money in the beginning, and not a single penny unless you get money from your claim.
If you end up getting a settlement, the money to pay our legal fees will be a part of that settlement, and it’s a percentage we all agree on ahead of time.
- How Does a Houston Truck Accident Claim Work?
When you decide to get help from a personal injury lawyer for your accident, four main steps might happen:
1. Collecting Evidence: First, your lawyer will gather information about your accident to make your case stronger. They will look at police reports, talk to people who saw what happened, consult with experts, get your medical records, and more.
If you took any pictures of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles, or your injuries, make sure to show them to your legal team.
2. Getting Treatment: While your lawyer is doing their job, you’ll be getting any medical treatment you need. This helps figure out how bad your injuries are and how they might affect you later on. Usually, if your injuries are serious, you might get more compensation.
3. Negotiating: After you finish your treatment and have an idea of all the costs, your lawyer talks with the other side to try to get you money.
They want to make sure you get enough to cover all your bills, property damage, and any suffering you went through.
Your lawyer will talk with the trucking company, their insurance company, or their lawyer. Most of the time, they can reach an agreement without going to court.
4. Going to Court (Litigation): If an agreement can’t be reached, the next step is going to court.
Your lawyer will explain your case to a judge and jury to show why you should get compensation. If they do a good job, you might get money from a settlement.